- We are located in southwest Michigan in Kalamazoo County, eleven miles northeast of the city of Kalamazoo and fifteen miles northwest of Battle Creek. There are four other Richland Townships located throughout Michigan.
- We are a quaint community of approximately 7,800 people.
- The Township encompasses 34.75 square miles of land that is rich in nutrients and lends itself to produce high quality farming (hence the name Richland).
- There are 1.7 square miles of beautiful waterlands. The lakes are Miller Lake, Oatman Lake, Three Lakes, Grass Lake, Grassy Lake, Little Long Lake and Gull Lake.
- The Township has several walking paths as well as the Richland Township Park for outdoor activities.
- The latitude of Richland is 42.376N. The longitude is -85.474W. It is in the Eastern Standard time zone. Elevation is 889 feet.
- Whether you live here, interested in living here, or just visiting, we know you will find our Richland Township to be rich in land, people, and opportunity.
Officials & Staff